The Melaten-Friedhof (Melaten Cemetery) is the central cemetery of Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. It lies on the northern border of the municipal district of Lindenthal. It is first mentioned in 1243. It is bounded to the south by the Aachener Straße, to the east by the Piusstraße, to the west by the Oskar-Jäger-Straße and the Melatengürtel, and to the north by Weinsbergstraße. The 435000m² cemetery had 55,540 graves in 2008, and is the largest cemetery in the city.
The name "Melaten" refers to a hospital for the sick and lepers, known to have been in existence by the 12th century. The "hoff to Malaten" (modern German: Hof der Maladen, or "yard of the malades" (the sick)) is first mentioned in 1243.